Rainbow Retainer

It's amazing what a trip home spent balancing your mom's checkbook will do to your ambition. Allow me to explain. Somehow in helping my mom use Quicken to track her expenses and income for both her personal checking and her business I realized all the stupid things that I do that make my life harder. I'm sure the things that I do are quite typical of the average person but they're kind of hypocritical. I try to give people advice or talk about how it will be in the future as far as my finances go, but then I go and buy something stupid. Or put so much money toward my credit card bill that I can't pay my other bills. I just flat out don't keep track of my money very well at all. And I have a lot of trouble living within my means. Well, not so much anymore, it's gotten a lot better. But it's still not great. Now, back to the beginning of this post. I'm feeling a whole lot better about things, I'm more enlightened. I saw how my mom lives, "paycheck to paycheck" so to speak, and I can't live the rest of my life like this. I'm completely on course to end up living like she does, and frankly I can handle that. I've mainly just pawned off financial problems with not making enough money, but that's not it at all. I just spend to much on things it shouldn't be spent on. So I'm starting to track my bills and checks more. I'm soon going to balance my checkbook every month and try to create a budget for myself. I know I make enough money to pay my bills and have a little left over, so I need to start using that little left over for something useful. In the future that will be for investing. But first I've got to remove my debts and get rid of this negative cashflow. Anyhoo, life's a changing, gotta get on with it.

Have a nice summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Mitch

What's the phrase that pays that plays for days?? WROX THE STUUUUURGE!